Autore Messaggio

Indice  ~  Generale  ~  Keith Richards - “Crosseyed Heart” - 18 Settembre 2015

MessaggioInviato: 24 luglio 2015, 14:39
2 domande:
Non c'è verso alcuno di mettere le mani sul disco prima del 18 settembre?

Quante possibilità ci sono di vedere keith in un tour più o meno strutturato con più date e non solo un paio di serate al msg di nyc?

[ Messaggio inviato da iPad ] Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 24 luglio 2015, 20:21
Mi sono sempre perso Keef e i Winos dal vivo...stavolta non deve succedere!

[ Messaggio inviato da Windows Smartphone ] Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 11:00
Avatar utenteMessaggi: 2114Località: ItalyIscritto il: 20 dicembre 2010, 22:27
Immagine

The lack of apostrophe in the title is deliberate and important, folks. I’m sorry to say that I tricked you (nay, deceived you; ‘tricked’ makes it sound like we have a playful relationship). DiS doesn’t have access to Keith Richards’ notebook, so there’s nothing salacious here.

What DiS did have access to was a playback of Keef’s new solo album, Crosseyed Heart, at a swanky bar in central London the other night. It’s his first in 20 years, out on September 18th 2015 and isn’t at all bad.

I’m afraid to say full reviews are strictly embargoed for the time being (“Excellent, I don’t have to write much!” seemed to be the general consensus at this announcement) so, instead, here are my unedited, occasionally annotated, track-by-track notes in full from the playback. We didn’t think “Dan Lucas’s notebook” had enough pulling power as a title.

Fair warning: there was free booze.

1. Crosseyed Heart
- Sounds like ramshackle version of Clapton’s ‘Before You Accuse Me’ (guitar bit)
- Solo acoustic
- Keef says “That’s all I got” at end. People laugh at this

2. Heartstopper
- Straightforward stomping rock
- 80s Stones – fuck it, I like 80s Stones
- Minor chords

3. Amnesia
- Guitar sounds like stuff w/T Waits
- Mark [sic.] Ribot influence?
- Keef hearts blues

4. Robbed Blind
- Johnny Cash’s version of ‘Hurt’
- Slower. Well-placed change of pace
- Keef not on credits. Presume typo. Sounds like him anyhow. And it’s his album.
- Lap-steel guitar. Which was album w/’Dead Flowers’? Sticky Fingers?
- Album cover: Keef has amazing teeth

5. Trouble
- Sounds like the Eagles. This is a good thing!
- End feels like moment where people should clap
- No one claps

6. Love Overdue
- This is the reggae one. Better than Sting.
- Brass-heavy but no Bobby Keys!

7. Nothing on Me
- Sounds like will be the single CHECK THIS
- [It’s not; ‘Trouble’ is
- V immediate
- Bright, breezy, straightforward rock song
- Tom Petty
- Would sound great at Superbowl
- I have my dad’s handwriting

8. Suspicious
- Smoooooth
- Has same kinda swampy, bluesy, druggy (use different word) sound as Elvis Costello’s last one
- Most lothario-esque he’s ever sounded

9. Blues in the Morning
- Unadulterated 50s blues love-in
- Kind of song Clapton would do if he had any clue what people want from him
- OMG that waiter looks like Ron Swanson

10. Something for Nothing
- This is flying by
- Petty-esque guitar again, v Americana
- Harlem Gospel Choir backing vox, doesn’t feel like much gospel influence though

11. Illusion

- Duet w/Norah Jones
- Keef turns crooner. He’s so fucking smooth
- If Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park was writing a song to seduce you it would sound like this

12. Just a Gift
- Same guitar intro as track four?
- No. Sounded a bit like ‘Hurt’ for four seconds though

13. Goodnight Irene
- Tom Waits cover
- Or did Waits cover it? CHECK
- [It’s an American folk standard first recorded by Leadbelly]
- Even more ramshackle than Waits version. Love the broken sound
- Folk take
- Nice mandolin
- No mandolin in credits. Guitar sounds like one then

14. Substantial Damage
- Nile Rodgers funk type thing

15. Lover’s Plea
- STRIPPED back. The Stones did a tour called ‘Stripped’, right?
- [Live album from Voodoo Lounge tour]

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4149 ... s-notebook

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 12:38
leggendo la recensione pare sia un ottimo lavoro degno del capo... <tele

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 13:30
New solo album is a stormer!

*The Rolling Stones* could never be accused of being idle - their just-completed tour (15 dates in North America) was their third in as many years, totalling 74 international arena dates. That’s good going for a band whose drummer is, in an eerie coincidence, 74-years old.

Keith Richards Opens His 'Crosseyed Heart'

Immagine

Therefore lead guitarist, walking riffmeister and miracle of science, *Keith Richards*, has ample reasons he can draw from to excuse the 23-year wait between his last solo album - 1992’s ‘Main Offender’ - and his forthcoming release, ‘Crosseyed Heart’.

With anticipation naturally high, Clash was among the first lucky listeners to hear the album in its entirety. Ushered into a private basement club in Central London, we took a seat among the invited press, label reps and general lucky buggers on a luxurious Moroccan couch. The décor, we later found out, had followed the event’s brief to look “like a Rolling Stone’s bedroom”. Despite the rumours, we can’t claim to confirm the veracity of their success, however we can confidently report that what we heard that evening was every bit as rocking as one would expect - Keef has not softened with age!

The title track, which opens the album, may initially suggest otherwise; a gloriously gruff acoustic Delta blues number, it lulls the listener into thinking this is Keith’s matured, stripped-back record. But it quickly becomes clear that isn’t the case - after the song finishes with Keith laughing, “That’s all I got,” it’s back to some serious electric noise.

The might of ‘Crosseyed Heart’ (opener aside) is due to the core band - Keith clearly most comfortable as part of a group - which includes co-producer and drummer, Steve Jordan, guitarist Waddy Wachtel, and multi-instrumentalist Larry Campbell.

They surge on the heavier grooves, such as lead single, ‘Trouble’, and the Chuck Berry-infused ‘Blues In The Morning’, which features the sax talents of the late, great Bobby Keys, the long-time Stones contributor whom Keith considered a brother from another mother. But they’re similarly robust on the lithe reggae of ‘Love Overdue’, and the sweet ballad tones of ‘Illusion’, a duet between Keith and Norah Jones.

Richards is on fine form across all 15 tracks, displaying a typically voracious passion for being lost in the moment of music. His guitar never dominates - there’s plenty room for his friends to shine (Aaron Neville and Spooner Oldham also appear) - but that driving force is inimitably Keef. His DNA is distinguishable throughout - even his take on the folk standard ‘Goodnight Irene’ is injected with that Stones-like irascibility.

Sworn to secrecy in the meantime, Clash will offer a full review closer to the September release of ‘Crosseyed Heart’. Watch this space also for any developments on the news that Keith may announce live dates in support.

Words: *Simon Harper*

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2 ... T01S11.jpg

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 13:35
Leggendo le poche stringate recensioni uscite sino ad oggi, mi pare di notare un po' di insofferenza verso i pezzi più rock. Noto che generalmente vengono liquidati come 'stoneggianti' ma giusto per far contenti i fans degli Stones. Nella recensione di cui sopra leggo un paio di riferimenti a Tom Petty. Poi, quando si parla di blues o del Keef crooner la critica 'si bagna' e partono gli elogi. Ricordo di aver letto che Trouble era il pezzo meno bello ma che lo ha pubblicato cone primo singolo per il sound alla 'Stones'. Troppo riduttive, cari miei, queste critiche! Trouble è un gran pezzo, altro che regalino a noi fans degli Stones! Il sound Stones è un qualcosa che rafforza, non un qualcosa per fare una sviolinata e vendere qualche copia in più...come volete far intendere! Datemi retta, fate le recensioni di Mengoni, di Tiziano Ferro, di Emma...ma prima di scrivere qualcosa su Keith Richards studiate bene!

[ Messaggio inviato da Android ] Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 14:14
Avatar utenteMessaggi: 1009Località: PistoiaIscritto il: 27 marzo 2014, 21:02
mark, praticamente hai detto quello che penso. Sempre il solito atteggiamento, come dire che "Trouble" (che non è un tributo a Elvis, GODO!!!) ha accontentato chi vede Keith Richards solo negli Stones, mentre i pezzi blues "per i veri esperti" devono essere ancora sentiti.

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 16:13
Giovanni, in una di queste recensioni, tutti i pezzi rock (o up tempo) dell'album sono stati relegati sbrigativamente ad "atlantic rockers"! Come un Kid Rock qualsiasi!

[ Messaggio inviato da Windows Smartphone ] Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 18:03
a me invece fa piacere che li liquidano come pezzi stones almeno sappiamo che senza di lui tutti a casa compreso il mago Woody che fa tutto lui secondo alcuni esperti...trouble è un bel pezzo non capisco cosa gode giovanni, ma io riportai solo una notizia che girava in vari giornali niente di più!! la recensione sopra non sta denigrando i pezzi di Keith anzi tutt'altro!!

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 18:40
Avatar utenteMessaggi: 4294Località: leccoIscritto il: 18 luglio 2009, 23:29
Gli Stones senza Keith non esistono ! Chi dice il contrario ? Dal vivo negli ultimi concerti Wood è diventato molto importante, in quanto Keith ha problemi, è noto ed evidente ! Fare un album non è come andare a suonare dal vivo, in quanto in un album puoi fare tutto con calma, se sbagli, rifai, puoi fare sovraincisioni, se un giorno non te la senti in quanto le mani non rispondono al meglio rimandi a domani, sono cose completamente diverse e a mio parere Keith in studio può fare ancora grandi cose.
Però prima di giudicare questo album mi piacerebbe almeno ascoltarlo !

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 19:30
Condivido quello che dice Vasco.
E penso inoltre che i brani un po' più rock di Keith solista non siano poi così rollingstoniani, mi spiego meglio. Questo è Keith da solista e va ascoltato come tale idem per quanto riguarda il disco; è il disco di Keith Richards '''non il disco solista di uno dei Rolling Stones che prova a fare il rock degli Stones da solo''. Anche perchè sono diversi i musicisti, il contesto e la ricerca musicale.

Detto ciò, Maxi alcune pagine fa chiedeva se ci fosse il singolo di Trouble

http://www.ebay.de/itm/KEITH-RICHARDS-T ... 33a66d1989

Immagine

Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 26 luglio 2015, 21:22
...intanto sarebbe cosa buona e giusta non trattare Trouble come una 'canzonetta' rock qualsiasi, ruffiana o pop estivo radiofonico o definirla in stile 'Eagles'!

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 27 luglio 2015, 15:49
Avatar utenteMessaggi: 1009Località: PistoiaIscritto il: 27 marzo 2014, 21:02
Sì, avevo letto quella cosa del "Atlantic rocker"...ridicoli.
Demon, godo perché ogni volta che si parla di qualcosa di nuovo c'è sempre questa smania dello "speriamo sia un tributo a tizio e caio". Io spero sempre sia qualcosa di nuovo e stop! Infatti godo perché non è un tributo a Elvis e non sto accusando te! Giustamente se avevi letto la notizia l'hai riportata!

[ Messaggio inviato da iPhone ] Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 27 luglio 2015, 21:20
La recensione è di Uncut e questo è il passaggio dove liquida questi pezzi: "some of the tracks feel like generic mid-tempo trans-Atlantic rockers". Qualcuno è in grado di decifrare?!

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 28 luglio 2015, 0:22
Keith Richards, online il video del primo singolo dal nuovo album solista 'Crosseyed heart', 'Trouble'

http://www.rockol.it/news-645570/keith- ... um-solista

Profilo

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +2 ore [ ora legale ]
Pagina 8 di 39
582 messaggi
Vai alla pagina Precedente  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 39  Prossimo
Visitano il forum: Nessuno e 41 ospiti
Cerca per: