Autore Messaggio

Indice  ~  Concerti  ~  Australia 2014 - live updates

MessaggioInviato: 16 ottobre 2014, 11:23
Io quando ho visto bobby sul maxi schermo al circo massimo,ho pensato immediatamente che avesse un aspetto orribile, invecchiatissimo..

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 16 ottobre 2014, 11:46
L'ho visto nella Hall del St Regis a Roma e ho faticato a riconoscerlo. vecchio, sfatto, con il viso gonfio.

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 16 ottobre 2014, 16:13
Avatar utenteMessaggi: 4034Località: Turate (CO)Iscritto il: 15 giugno 2006, 18:11

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 16 ottobre 2014, 16:14
Avatar utenteMessaggi: 4034Località: Turate (CO)Iscritto il: 15 giugno 2006, 18:11
Immagine

Bernard Fowler: "Soon to be open"
Posted 3 hours ago.

http://www.iorr.org

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 16 ottobre 2014, 16:49
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

While we celebrate my good fortune, let's also pray for Bobby Keys quick recovery. I've been studying his playing since I was 19 or 20 years old. He is what I call the original " slow hand" saxophonist. Sometimes less IS more. Get well soon Bobby...

https://www.facebook.com/karldensonstin ... 1975787392

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 16 ottobre 2014, 18:13
Rolling Stones, il sassofonista Bobby Keys lascia il tour per motivi di salute

Bobby Keys, touring member dei Rolling Stones e fidato sassofonista orbitante nella galassia della band capitanata da Jagger e Richards sin dal 1969, non prenderà parte alla branca australia del tour rimandata lo scorso mese di marzo in seguito alla tragica scomparsa della compagna del frontman, L'wren Scott: a darne notizia è il sito ufficiale della formazione britannica, che - pur senza specificare nel dettaglio quale sia il problema che impedisca al collaboratore di accompagnare il gruppo anche agli antipodi - ha lasciato intendere come il musicista - classe 1943, nativo di Slaton, Texas, e in passato collaboratore di altri colossi come Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, John Lennon e Eric Clapton - possa tornare in attività nel giro di qualche mese.

"Non è un gran periodo, per lui, e i dottori gli hanno ordinato di prendersela con calma per un po' di tempo", si legge nel brevissimo comunicato diffuso qualche ora fa: "Spera di rivedervi tutti presto". A brevissimo giro è stata ufficializzata l'identità del sostituto di Keys: a fare le veci del collaboratore storico sarà Karl Denson, già co-fondatore dei Greyboy Allstars, attivo in proprio con i Tiny Universe - con quali qualche mese fa ha pubblicato l'album "New ammo" e grande ammiratore di Keys.

"Questa è l'opportunità di una vita, la possibilità di vedere il mondo attraverso due labbra giganti", ha spiegato Denson riferendosi all'immortale logo degli Stones: "Sarà incredibile andare così vicino alla musica che ho ascoltato per anni. E pur festeggiando per questa fortuna, prego per la pronta guarigione di Bobby. Studio il suo stile da quando non avevo nemmeno vent'anni: per me è il primo 'slow hand' dei sassofonisti. Perché certe volte il meno è di più. Guarisci in fretta, Bobby...".

http://www.rockol.it

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 17 ottobre 2014, 9:58
Avatar utenteMessaggi: 1009Località: PistoiaIscritto il: 27 marzo 2014, 21:02
Peccato davvero...penso sia un gran sassofonista, uno dei migliori fiati che gli Stones abbiano mai avuto nei loro tours. Speriamo si riprenda.

[ Messaggio inviato da Windows Smartphone ] Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 17 ottobre 2014, 14:12
Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 17 ottobre 2014, 15:48
Mick ha mangiato in un ristorante italiano di Adelaide, ecco il menu

What Mick ate ... apprentice chef Pellegrino Cimmino with the crab pasta dish he cooked for Mick Jagger at Assagio restaurant. Picture:

Mr Crugnale said Jagger appeared relaxed and was a “total gentleman”.

“You get a lot of people in the limelight who are extremely demanding; he was just like an everyday person,” Mr Crugnale said.

“I got the young crew to cook for him, so that it becomes memorable for them. Mick could see who was cooking because we have an open kitchen and he was very appreciative, he thanked all the servers and the chefs.

“We’ve had astronauts, basketball stars and other identities and I have never seen the whole room in silence. I used to say to myself: I wonder who we are going to get who will knock us off our feet, and you get Mick Jagger. The big kahuna!”

Jagger ordered grilled prawns wrapped in pancetta and saffron “guitar string” pasta with blue swimmer crab, requesting a little less tomato in his sauce.

“He had no dessert or wine, just local beer,” Mr Crugnale said.

“His support crew ordered local Italian varietals of wine, which they enjoyed immensely.”

What Mick Jagger ate

Entree

CODE DI GAMBERI

Grilled prawns wrapped in flat pancetta with fire-roasted capsicum, cashew and cannellini bean salad, accompanied by a pomegranate and pink grapefruit dressing $21

Main

CHITTARE ALLO ZAFFERANO E POLPA DI GRANCHIO

Saffron ‘guitar string’ pasta with South Australian Blue Swimmer crab and a roasted tomato and shellfish sauce $32

Beverage

Mildura Brewery

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 17 ottobre 2014, 16:28
Adelaide United FC - Melbourne Victory match, October 17.

Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 20 ottobre 2014, 17:11
Immagine

Immagine

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 20 ottobre 2014, 17:12
Stuff they rehearsed today Monday Oct 20 in Adelaide (partial list):

- It's Only Rock'n Roll
- Doom And Gloom
- Out Of Control 2x
- Worried About You
- Let's Spend The Night Together
- Paint It Black
- Rocks Off 2x
- Gimme Shelter
- Wild Horses
- Can't Be Seen (Keith)
- The Worst (Keith)
- Before They Make Me Run (Keith)

They sound great, and Mick had some extra falsetto I haven't heard before. Five days to go until the REAL show!

Bjornulf

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 21 ottobre 2014, 15:54
Four hours of rehearsals today, almost nonstop, hard work, and hardly any warhorses, for those who can't live with the greatest songs of the Rolling Stones for some reason... Anyway ... tonight was great for sure. Everybody is nice and friendly, we are a small group of some 15 or so fans, some call us stalkers, after all we are within a mental hospital complex so we are allowed to be anything we are. By the way I grew up in a mental hospital, my father was the gardener there, nothing wrong with being mental, we are all a bit mental at times, so I feel at home these days. But that is another story.

They started off with "Like A Rolling Stone", then rushed through the 60's and 70's with some fast songs, I have the complete list and I will post it tomorrow. I will just pick the best parts, because I understand there is still some sort of worry about the guest player that used to play the guitar in the early 70's...

You can hear it within seconds when Mick Taylor is plugged in. He simply start playing with his guitar like a runner is warming up for a race. It all comes natural. So I can hear the first tones of SWAY from the guitar of Mr Taylor. Mick Taylor that is. He simply play with his guitar until the rest of the band is ready. Then they do a number of intros of Sway, they always do that at rehearsals, Mick Jagger stop the song and they restart it and they want it right from the start, so after 3 or 4 starts we are on. They do two complete takes of Sway. May be they will do it at Perth #2, that is my best guess for now. It is not a stadium song, and it is not a "first night in the city" song, but you never know. It is very, very powerful, and every time I hear it, on stage or at rehearsals, I feel it is all worth the travel and hazzle to be there. SWAY!!!!

Silver Train again and again. Great. Midnight Rambler. Very short because there is no crowd inside the building where they rehearse. We are outside... Probably just 7 minutes or so. But Mick Taylor is playing here for those who still not trust what I am saying.

Chuck Leavell is leaving they say. After they finish "Loving Cup". So I assume the rehearsals are over. Everybody is over by the cars. I hang around where we can hear what they play and I hear they are still on, Mick is still there, they do Dead Flowers, but the next one is more interesting, the highlight of the day...

I hear Mick and a piano. Two complete runs like they are working their way through the song. So who is playing the piano? Tim? Mick? I assume Tim Ries is playing. It is like a new song, they adventure into it and by take two I hear the bass and the drums and the guitars are coming. So we get the full version of "Shine A Light". What more can you expect when you are in time zone +8,5 vs Europe and half an hour away from any parts of the rest of Australia? It made my day, I just love the rehearsals, just like I love Adelaide, to bike around in the city and at the rehearsals, and in four days we will have a bunch of these songs for real on stage at the Adelaide Oval!

More tomorrow, a lot more, I just need some sleep...

Bjornulf

www.iorr.org

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 22 ottobre 2014, 8:36
Rehearsals Tuesday Oct. 21 (complete list):

- Like A Rolling Stone
- Get Off Of My Cloud
- Respectable
- Beast Of Burden
- Emotional Rescue
- Ain't To Proud To Beg
- Shattered
- Some Girls
- Angie (bit)
- Sway (with Mick Taylor) 2x
- Silver Train 3x
- Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) (short version)
- If You Can't Rock Me
- Loving Cup
- She's So Cold
- Dead Flowers
- Shine A Light
- Can't Be Seen (Keith)

For more details see my report posted last night.

Bjornulf

http://Www.iorr.org

Profilo
MessaggioInviato: 22 ottobre 2014, 9:47
Messaggi: 2142Località: trevisoIscritto il: 24 febbraio 2006, 0:28
cosa avrei pagato per sentire Dead flowers a Roma..

Profilo

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +2 ore [ ora legale ]
Pagina 2 di 13
185 messaggi
Vai alla pagina Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Prossimo
Visitano il forum: Nessuno e 38 ospiti
Cerca per: